Monday, July 31, 2017

077: How To Use SEO For Bands, Creators & The Music Industry w/Wes Walls

The story of how today’s guest ended up on the show starts all the way back on July 18th, 2016 when I received this email:

I didn’t end up speaking on the SXSW panel (but I did help connect him with Mike King who did participate in the panel)

Then June 20th of this year, I received an email reply from that thread almost a year ago:

(That’s how you personalize a ‘pitch’ email by the way – it doesn’t even sound like a pitch.)

As you should know by now I am VERY hesitant to accept ‘pitches’…

But – I looked at Bandzoogle’s SEMrush stats – their organic growth has skyrocketed this year.


I looked at their website – it looked beautiful

Extra points for the music tie in too 😉

I today’s episode – I wanted to find out how Bandzoogle is growing – and we’re also going to chat about SEO for musicians (with lessons for all artists, creatives and entrepreneurs)

Enjoy!

Sponsors

BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Q&A tool Bloomberry. Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.

Show Agenda & Timestamps

(Will be added soon!)

Related Episodes You Might Like

Guest Links

Tools Mentioned

  • SEMrush (15 Day FREE trial with that link)

Articles & Online Resources

People & Companies

About Dan Shure

Hi! I'm Dan Shure. I write all of the posts and host all of the podcast episodes you'll find on the Evolving SEO blog. Say hello on Twitter @dan_shure!


Source: Evolving SEO